black man at the c.e. night
Wednesday, December 01, 2004 @ 5:34 AM 0 comments

I had a hard time choosing what to wear since I called Ranna the night before yesterday. I couldn't think of any of my clothes that she hasn't seen yet so I ended up mixing two of my usual clothes. And the way she told me that she's dressing up for the occasion because she doesn't want to get 'mapahiya' only made me feel pressured even more.

I came late, again because I had to meet up with Jules that afternoon and because of Menchie's call telling me that she's waiting for me outside the Mapua gate just right after Ranna texted me that she was there, too at the very same time. I told Mench to follow me at SM and told her I can't stay for long with her because I had to go to the CE night. As the kind person she was, she understood and she went home. I met with Ranna at 8 pm with my still damp hair. I just came from Irene's place and took a shower and changed my clothes. (She gave me the keys to her room that afternoon because I told her I need a place to change that night)

We went first to the Cafe Adriatico in Baywalk at Roxas Blvd. (the very same place where I took Mench a week before) because I didn't have a ticket to the C.E. (Civil Engineering) night so we had to go there really late in the hope that the organizers won't notice. It was the first time we drank liquor together and that's where I learned that the paparazzi bureau in the CE department calls me the 'black man'. No, not because I'm dark, but because I usually wear black.

The lady singer I was bragging the place about wasn't there and another male singer (who didn't have a very good choice of songs) replaced her. A large boat shimmering with lights passed by the Manila Bay behind me and Ranna had me noticed it. She asked me to remember that very moment when I watch the Before Sunrise CD she'd lent me.

At around 11 pm, we've decided it's time we go to the Metro Bar. We took a taxi and found the place in no time. The two guards who'd inspected made me a little nervous but I was able to get through the reception. It took me a few moments before it finally sank in me that I was already there. The candidates for the Mr. & Ms. CE-ENSE 2004 lined up the stage and one of them was Macy, the SK chairperson in our place.

We found our seats in the thin crowd while Ranna kept telling me "Eto na yun, ganito lang CE night namen.." And honestly, it didn't seem to be that fun, indeed. Not everyone in the crowd seemed to be happy with what their watching. I think the ME night gets a lot better than that, I've never actually been into one, but I surely can tell, we're ME y'know. The CE's were a little too decent and sophisticated that it sometimes get in the way of having fun while the ME's, oh need-I-say-more?

The stand-up comedians in between the segments of the pageant gave the night's comic relief. They were the ones who roused the drowsing audience. I almost laughed my head out with the things they do to themselves on stage only to find out that Ranna, who was sitting beside me, is not very much into green humor, which was the main thing the comedians did.

We left right after the winners were announced. I don't know, but the way she looked, I guess she enjoyed the night less than I did. So the trip back home was really uneventful, I've been killing myself, thinking if it was me or the place we had just been. We went down of the taxi in Monumento together and there we parted ways.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket