a long day
Tuesday, November 09, 2004 @ 2:27 PM 1 comments

Yes, it was indeed. I had to wake up early today. Ranna told me her phone got stolen (another lost phone?) last saturday. And she had to replace it before her family finds out. She asked me to come with her to Greenhills this morning and that explains why I'm already up at 7am when I'm usually still lost in dreamland at that particular time.

She wanted us to meet at 8am but I settled it at 8:30 and I came 45 minutes late. She wanted to use the time for her OJT so her family won't have a suspicion that she's going somewhere else when she's supposed to be at work. Smart girl. We rode the bus from Guadalupe, then to Greenhills. Then, we realized we were too early. The Muslim-inhabited mall was still closed for customers when we arrived so we decided to have breakfast first at the McDonald's outside the commercial center. Then the endless discussion began about anything under the sun over McOmellette and Milo. God, I missed her. I haven't realized until now that it was the first time I've been out with her again since well, she dumped me.

At around 10, the mall opened so we went directly inside to where the cellphone stalls where. None of them were opened yet so we took the chance to go around and check things out. We went to this girl shop and she tried on some sunglasses and asked me which one looked in her best. Honestly, I think all those glasses fit her well. I just didn't tell her. I told her the purple one -was it purple? was my choice. Next up we went to this tie store and we compared our choices for the best looking tie.

After one hour, we went back to the cellphone stalls but they are still closed. I was getting doubtful so I asked this man in a sort of counterstrike suit holding a police dog with a rope, why those stalls were stilll closed. He told us they were pulled out just a day before. Aaaargh!

From there, we took the bus to school. We hurried (no, we didn't really) for my 12:00 class. She told me she'll buy it herself instead in Grand Central on the next day. She asked me if I could change her 1000 Japanese yen she got from her dad, for her. She will add the money to her savings for her to pay her tuition fees. She's gonna be using the supposed payment for the tuition to buy the phone. Later, my mom saw the Japanese bill. She thought it was from Shiela. Funny.

In the afternoon I received a text message from another of my exes, Menchie. (Omigosh! I'm surrounded!) She said she'll be going to my school coz she wanted to see me. The way she told me, it seemed I had no choice coz she's already on her way. She says she misses me. We had a little chitchat about things I'd personally rather not talk about. She talked about things like what might've been if only I really loved her. blah blah blah. Jesus. So there, I played around with her until the clock at the Manila City Hall striked eight. Then I had the forced obligation to take her to her home. They just moved in to the new condominium at the Robinson's Towers*. Upon arriving there, I think she didn't really want me to go home. She kept on talking, ok, we kept on talking. Just like that. Ok, sige, a little more than that. After another hour, she finally allowed me to go home. It's odd. I actually had fun spending my time with her.

In a span of 18 hours, I had the chance to be with two different people, from completely different statures and wavelength. Ranna is from the city. Menchie is a country girl. She's here in Manila to work for her family in Bicol. Ranna on the other hand, is a proffesional student, with barely two months to finish college and soon to embark on the corporate world. Menchie's fate is rather uncertain. She's sending her siblings to school with no idea of what would happen to her when she's done with her obligations.

Being in a middle class family, I have the occasional chance to relate with people in different walks of life. I'm just glad I have the ability of adjusting myself to every person I encounter.

"Remember what the monty phyton says,
Nobody expects the Spanish inquisition"
Ranna - THE BEAM, Dec 2004

*this may sound a little of an irregularity on the narrative of my post. A country girl in a first class condominium? well, here it is: Filipinos are known for having extended families in one roof. In Menchie's case, she lives with her cousins.






SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket