ranna & celine
Thursday, November 04, 2004 @ 3:49 PM 0 comments

Once again, I've had another failure. My reporting about Water Pollution didn't turn out as expected. To think that I prepared for that the whole weekend! Something was wrong with the fucking computer and we didn't have much time to replace it. So I had to do it without any visual aid, forcibly. And they had to depend on everything I said. I'm not even sure if they really understood what I talked about coz I felt really stupid and with Bon's funny faces distracting me, I think I made a complete fool out of myself. After the second reporter, I think the professor had had enough and asked our group to report again on Friday, back from the start and hopefully with the visual aids. Fuck.

After class I didn't feel like going home yet and earlier today I got the results for my 1st Thermodynamics quiz. No surprise. I got zero out of a hundred without any considerations to the long calculations I made that eventually ended up with the wrong answers. Feeling that my efforts were completely and deliberately ignored regarding my studies, I thought I had to break away from all of it for a while. I went to the mall and bought a new perfume, because my sister took back my Gaultier and after that huge fight between us last night (the biggest since that incident when I stabbed her in the thigh with my pencil in grade school, No.. I'm not violent but she'd really pushed me over the edge then), I know there's no way I could have it back. Then I passed by a poster of this new Katie Holmes starrer, First Daughter. Everyone close to me knows very well how I really liked her from the moment I saw her in the first season of Dawson's Creek, and so I glanced at my watch, it was only a few minutes before 6:30pm so I've decided to go see it. But when I checked the screening schedule, I'd still have to wait 45 mins before the next run of the movie starts so I tried to look for another one with an earlier schedule. I had two options: The Forgotten and Before Sunset. I opted for the latter since it will start 15 minutes earlier than the first. It wasn't the kind of movie I expected it to be.

One thing I've noticed is that the movie was very well-written. The usual mushy elements in a love story movie were totally discarded. It doesn't have those poetic lines of love and affection. I don't even think that the famous phrase: 'I love you' was included in the script. Yet the movie was good. The audience bursted out into laughter and giggles, me included, when the it ended. I don't know if they're also wondering if it really had to end there but I'm sure they liked it, too in as much as I did. I think I want to get a copy of that song the lead female sang in the last scene.

I'm not really sure what I exactly liked about it, to think it's an all-talk movie (you can actually understand the movie with your eyes closed!) but what really got to me was that the movie in general reminded me of someone really special to me.. Ranna. There were many elements in the movie about Celine (the lead character in the movie played by Julie Delpy) and the movie itself that reminded me of her. Especially when Celine said that there's so many things she wanted to do in life like paint, learn to speak Chinese, create songs and play the guitar but always end up doing not much. I reckon Ranna gave a similar line a long time ago. Well in her case, she said she wants to ride a helicopter and a hot air balloon to name a few.The bench, the journal, the books, New York, the endless walk and the endless talk in the movie brought me to those memories I had with her.

*Disclaimer: I am not posting this to get Ranna or to try to get her again, I know now where I stand and she made that clear to me already too many times. I just want to let her know that I never really left her and she was never really forgotten. That's a hard thing for me to do to an exceptionally wonderful woman like her.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket