a japayuki's home
Saturday, December 18, 2004 @ 4:42 AM 0 comments

The original plan was to meet Anette and Jules in Edsa and I promised Anette to buy her liempo for lunch, but since I woke up late, then again, she went ahead of us to Cavite. Both Marvin and Shiela live there and we planned to go together but it was already afternoon when Jules and I arrived in Cavite and there was no more time to meet Marvin and Anette.

Shiela's house is actually the product of her work in Japan. If not because of the bad image of Japayukis, she might have been considered noble. It's nice to know that all her siblings go to school and all dependent to her. It (the house) wasn't anything out of the ordinary but it's always better to have a house you call your own than to rent one. She showed us her pictures in Japan which either showed her in a magnificent Japanese nature backdrop or sitting in her customer's lap which made me really uncomfortable looking at them.

After having dinner there, the three of us left with a heavy luggage. She will be fetching her Japanese 'friend' from the airport and he will be staying at a hotel somewhere in Roxas Blvd. with Shiela (I presume, because she won't be needing the luggage if otherwise, right?) and they would sleep together in a queen size bed. So she tells me she'd never slept with a Japanese man before? I'd bet she knows me better to believe that crap.

Since it was too early for 11 pm (sakang's arrival time), we decided to have a snack over at the McDonald's in Baclaran. There, she used the same bathroom we did because theirs was unavailable at the moment. Jules and I were both strucked to move when a crew entered the bathroom while Shiela was talking boisterously inside the single stall. He went directly to the door of the stall and opened it, mindlessly. Shiela's scream marked the surprise.

Shiela opened up again about us when we were already seated, she told us she remembered the time when someone told her that I said I was having doubts that I was the first man she'd ever slept with and I also allegedly said that the only reason why we became lovers was because she thought I was rich. It surprisingly annoyed me-maybe the way she told me- and we began arguing about it. I don't remember having said the latter but I admitted I said the former, which I guess is normal for any sexually-active teenage guy and I can't possibly relate the reasons that led to the doubt in a fastfood chain, right?.

We took a cab and left her at the airport's waiting area. The monitors said that the Japanese flight had already arrived. Unknowing where to go next, Jules and I rode a jeep that we thought would take us to Taft but didn't so we walked over to where we thought the way to the Baclaran LRT station could be, only to ride a pedicab again and shell out another 20 bucks only to get us back where the jeep dropped us off. It was drizzling and the night wasn't turning out so good and Jules was already in a bad mood for having to pay 20 pesos and still walk to the LRT because the driver said he can't take us there.

I texted Mench and asked her to meet us at the Baywalk. She went mad because she said I've been lying again, She doesn't believe me when I told her I went to Cavite with my family because she thinks I went to see someone else. She was talking about Jen not Shiela, she wasn't supposed to know Shiela's in the country. Eventually, she arrived at the Baywalk way ahead of us and we stupidly got lost reaching Kalaw Street and had to walk back. We found her in one of the benches there, smiling though obviously mad and it only got worse when I mistakenly called her 'My' short for Mommy (a term of endearment I used for Shiela) on my supposedly first attempt to talk. I was able to talk that out but that was not the first one I had to throughout the night. Just as she began to smile again, Jules received a text message, while sitting beside her, and while I was a few meters away playing with a statue. And when I got back to them the atmosphere returned to serious mode, more so this time. Mench saw who the texter was and she was looking at me like a mother catching her son redhanded. It was Shiela and she knew where we were and she wanted to meet us. I had to pretend I knew nothing about it and surprised that she was here, but that didn't actually worked.

Mench is damned angry this time. She thinks it was a set-up so I asked her to take a walk with me. At first she was stubbornly hesitant and adamantly told me to stay because she wants me to see Shiela face-to-face so I asked Jules to keep her stay put when she arrives. I talked to her while we were walking as she said nothing. The silence made me extremely uneasy so I forced her into talking which was a mistake because she cried in her failed attempt to talk. God, she cried and that's when I've realized how large the damage I have done already.

I was miraculously able to settle it (whew!) and she even apologized for being too jealous and I told her she didn't have to do that. It was all me. We found Jules sitting by the bay ad he told us that Shiela changed her mind because of her guest as I felt Mench breathed heavily. We sat at one of the tables at Cafe Adriatico and the both of them ordered Mango juice while I settled for beer. Later, the singer asked someone in the audience to sing while he play the guitar. Then came another one, then- me. Jules whispered to a waiter to have me sing, with Mench's prodding. I wasn't at all shy, as Jules told me not to be but I was actually rather scared. The second singer was great in that Southborder song and the people might think I'm that good, too. Finally, I stood there on the podium beside the singer and made a message for Mench (which later I realized, she didn't hear) before I did True Faith's "Huwag na lang kaya?".



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket