mischief managed
Friday, February 11, 2005 @ 6:43 PM 0 comments

I didn’t attend my only class Thursday morning. I have devoted the whole time putting up posters, which were directly advertising about the Black propaganda for Monday, in every building of the school. I really wanted to put one right at the entrance but two guards were assigned there. I waited for them to leave their posts but they didn’t so I opted for the most frequently passed by bulletin boards.

The whole thing in itself was thrilling and at the same time, scary. I’ve been shaking all the time and I had to wait for the halls to clear out of students and school guards because at that moment I still didn’t know how many were in favour of changing the school name and how many (if ever there) were not. I felt like Tom Cruise in Mission Impossible trying to do something no one, I think, ever yet dared to do in Mapua. I have done everything alone in swift movements, completely aware of where I could be now had I been caught. But in that point in time, all I wanted was for the people who are in power would take time hearing what we, the students, have to say about the things that mattered to us and I knew someone has to make a start.

Using a folder and a hospital micropore, I have hidden the paper posters beneath the folders only exposing the parts were the tapes were then I would lean on a prospective space, discreetly pressing on the hospital tape then I would go away pulling the folder down and leaving the paper sticking onto the wall. Clever idea, it may sound but I have faulted twice leaving the poster upside down, so I had to rush back. Man, it sure racked the hell out of me!

In my escape, I was greatly in awe not only because of what I have done but also because I found others have also done the same on my way out. At the Mechanical Engineering Department alone, the consistent happy or sad polls were replaced with the question: “Pabor ka ba sa pagpapalit ng pangalan ng Mapua?” Yes or No, and as expected the yes button was ahead with more than 300 points but I still can’t believe 64 had voted yes. I presumed someone must have just played around with it. And outside the school were papers posted on walls and posts with a ‘No to Malayan!’ message on it, making it clear that a war had just erupted between the students and the school and someone even created an online petition regarding it. To sign click here. Now, I’m feeling great, I guess were getting somewhere here.

After a few minutes, I passed by again the halls where the posters were and I felt so glad seeing the other students circling around each one, I joined them and keenly observed their reactions (little did they know that the culprit was just in their midst) and I was deeply elated by every nod of agreement the message had received. It made me feel that they have somehow made my efforts worthy and I have done something that could make the school administration realize how their actions make us feel and could just somehow make them rethink their horrible decision.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket