pre-valentine jinx
Monday, February 14, 2005 @ 7:30 AM 0 comments

I’ve just arrived from the Lovapalooza 2 held at the Roxas Blvd., Baywalk, Manila. The things that happened today (technically yesterday) will surely remain in my memory for a very long time.

In the afternoon, killing time proved to be lethal. I almost got myself killed in just doing so. Feeling certain that the others will come late in our meeting place (SM Manila), I took the time strolling around the Metropoint Mall in EDSA. At exactly five minutes before the meeting time (7 pm), I’ve decided it’s time for me to leave but I guess Metropoint mall wasn’t ready yet to let me go.

I don’t exactly remember how it happened, I just remember my body being flown over from the top landing of the fifth floor. I tripped over and fell headfirst down the stairs. Halfway through my flight, I zoomed and slammed the top of my head right into a woman’s back. Ignoring her curses, I was just too grateful she was there. I could have broken my skull onto the floor if she wasn’t. And as if that wasn’t embarrassing enough, all my things were scattered all over the place, literally from the topmost stair down to the middle of the staircase where I was. All eyes were on me and the people around picked my things up for me and handed me one by one my things (It was like they were giving me trophies, I kept saying thank you’s) but the worst of all was when the security guard handed me the heel of my right shoe! Needless to say, I was terribly horrified and disgusted by myself.

I immediately called Jules, who was luckily still at home. I told him about the stupid accident and asked if it was right to pull out the other heel to make it ‘balanced’ just like in the old Mentos ad but he promised to bring to bring a super glue for me. So I had to go on the whole LRT line from EDSA to Central Terminal limping. Good thing it was rush hour and the train was too crowded for anyone to notice my catch-22.

We met at the National Bilog then we rushed to the park in front of the City Hall and tried to join my right shoe and the broken heel with his super glue. It was successful but I still had to hobble because I was anxious I might break it again. I was worried sick it might break off anytime later and I don’t think I would like to go searching for the heel if I miss it somewhere.

The Lovapalooza thingy was actually romantic, maybe it was rather mushy for other people’s standards but it was really cool for me. No, we weren’t registered participants, we just watched the other couples break the world record of most number of kissing couples at the same time, while an impressive display of fireworks boomed overhead. We have celebrated the pre-Valentine kissing festival together with Anne and her classmates, Sheina (now Jules’ ex) and Tina (whom I met at Anne’s birthday last January 7) and another creature they called Tryke- Santy (with his wife-to be, Cathy) and Mench (who came in a ravishingly sexy outfit and incidentally, counting the months we have broken up, February 12 marks our 2nd year anniversary) arrived at almost the same time just about a few minutes before the countdown.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket