the president speaks up
Today is the ultimatum deadline set by the Central Student Council for the school administration to come up with the decision regarding the Malayan issue. And no decision has yet been made by the management, to the dismay of the students. Many are already losing hope about having a positive upshot, this delaying tactic is the least they could do to get all the students back to the classrooms.
They were dead wrong, they would only get us out in the streets furthermore because we are now more adamant to push through with the protest rally outside the school 9 am tomorrow morning.
As an answer, the following is all the President could say after almost two weeks of silence and on an interesting note, Malayan was never included in the succeeding statement:
It appears that we are all united in the objective of gaining university status. However, we have serious differences in our ideas about how to get there.
In response to inputs from faculty, students and alumni given in various dialogues held during the past week, management will be taking to study various other alternatives to attain the shared objective of gaining university status.
Meanwhile, we have seen to it that, pending the completion of these studies, our graduates will continue to get the existing Mapua diploma and transcript.
If the faculty and students have other concerns, they can make them known through the existing channels of communication.
Signed by: Reynaldo B. Vea Ph.D.