all in only 21 hours
Tuesday, March 08, 2005 @ 11:14 AM 0 comments

The previous weekend has been the longest in my life. It could have even passed for a world record for the longest time I have been awake. Since I woke up last friday morning, I never had the chance to get a shut eye again before sunday morning.

Friday evening, I hurried to Santy's wedding rehearsal after my class which ended at 9pm. The rehearsal was scheduled for 8pm at the Iglesia ni Cristo Tayuman locale, so when I arrived at 30 minutes past 9, they had already left.

I immediately called Santy, who had already fetched his cousins who attended the rehearsal to their homes with Cathy and some others, and met up with them back at the Jollibee below the Tayuman LRT station. I went with them to Cathy's house and collected our invites before going back to Jollibee where Mench waited for me.

After taking her home and having cochinta (courstesy of the puto peddler outside their building) with her, I headed home just to take a shower and have a bite before setting off again. That was already 12pm and my mother was actually reluctant to let me go but I told her I had to be in school at 4am for the M.E. Day assembly time (really, it was 6) so I had to sleep in my friend's house which is nearer to school. The original itinerary for that night was, I go back to Cathy's place after going home to leave my barong and my pants and shoes to be used in their wedding but Mama offered to do that for me in the morning which made it a little easier for me.

Around 2am, I arrived at Rem's dorm where Bon was waiting for me. God knows what they were doing before I arrived that it took them ages to open the door. Then we set off to Bon's house in UP Diliman where I was supposed to 'sleep', I had already decided to sleep over Rem's place, but out of respect to Bon (I promised I'll be staying over his) I opted to go with him.

As expected, I wasn't able to sleep. We have spent the whole time either smoking outside or bottlefeeding his puppies (one of them became mine a few hours later) which were crossbreds of his Labrador and Pitbull. At 5am, I was already on my way to school only to realize that I have left my cellphone upon reaching Philcoa so I had to go back in his house again.

At 6:30am I was already on my heels and upon arriving in Mapua, I found out that the buses had already gone. I called a classmate who hitched to another classmate's car but they told me they were already at the the north expressway so they couldn't go back for me. I found a batch 2002 stud who was left just like me and we decided to commute using the LRT and two jeepneys and looked for the 4k Resort together in Bulacan.

We arrived just as the other students were unloading the buses so nobody really noticed we were late. The place wasn't that good, I was imagining it to be a little different to fit for the 400 pesos I paid but I think a hundred bucks could have done it. I joined Leody's group in the absence of Bon and Roy but I wasn't really sure if it was a good idea. My breakfast had been Emperador and tuna.

Already intoxicated, I messed around with Apple(not my ex) who was doing the barbecue at the other table. I pretended to help while I stole some of the cooked ones for my own table. Hehe.. she later found out and shooed me away.

After a series of swimming laps in the hope to get the booze out of my head, I left the resort at 12 noon. I don't actually remember how I got out from Bulacan but I guess I got on the wrong way. The jeep I was riding took the McArthur highway instead of the NLEX so I arrived at the wedding an hour late. My dreams of getting inside an INC church were crushed, I didn't make it to Santy's entourage and they were already leaving when I arrived.

After the reception at the Orient Pearl we still proceeded to Santy's place in Bulacan. We had the whole night singing our way in videoke. Sing to sawa as Santy put it.

At 12mn, I wasn't still ready to call it a night. I promised Mama to bring home the puppy Bon promised me last year so after bidding the Silversoul goodbye at the Monumento, I took a bus on my way to Quezon avenue then another jeepney to UP Diliman.

Bon said it was the right time fo me to get it despite the fact that it was barely a month old. Someone else is claiming it who seemed to be very important to his mother that it's hard for her to refuse though she know that it was already mine. Bon said I could've lost it to that someone if I didn't get it that night.

On my way home, I felt exaggerated about carrying the puppy. I covered it with a t-shirt as Bon had instructed because he told me it was prone to cold and sickness. It was a good thing that the puppy, whose name I have yet to give up to now, was well behaved all through my trip to Makati.

Around 3am, the two of us finally arrived home and I realized that my Dachschund, Dagul, didn't actually want the idea to have another dog in the family. He was keeping distance all the time. But at that time I didn't really care because I was too exhausted to. I have been (or had to be) up and awake for the last 30 hours and all I could think was have a long sound sleep. It was only this morning that I realized how affected he was. He was covered with a blanket when I woke up. My sister told me he got fever.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket