marian, jules and my sister
Tuesday, March 22, 2005 @ 1:35 AM 0 comments

Muriel found out that I’ve no classes anymore and that I’m going to Marian’s house (Carl’s niece) to pakidala the Silversoul calendar and other stuffs to Carl’s sister who is in the country for vacation. Carl texted me about her arrival last Thursday and asked if we could send anything for him. Consequently, Muriel came with me.

Marian welcomed us amiably into their house in Estrada where only she and their house help, Beth met us. While we were talking, Muriel kept nudging me, she was keyed up to try on their videoke like we used to every time we went there when Carl was still here. I sheepishly told Marian about it but for some reasons, she forgot about it, to Yeye’s slight dismay.

A few minutes after Aikee arrived, Marian’s younger brother, and upon realizing that I couldn’t have the nerve to tell Marian again about the videoke, we bid them goodbye.

While having isaw and dugo along Estrada Street, the two of us were mulling over where to go next. She wanted to go to Jules’ house because she had stupidly promised him already that we would go to his house when she called him over at Marian’s. The original plan was, we go to Anette’s place after there and I was concerned about changing the plan. On the other hand, I was also worried that she might think I’m playing hard after all that’s happened between me and Jules. So in the end, she won and we went to Jules’ place in Abad Santos. Happy now, Miss (or Mister) Cunning?

I realized it was only a day after Jules’ sister, Julie Anne’s graduation and there was a celebration. Of course it had been an awkward moment between Julius and me but we have somewhat struggled to overcome that with their videoke (finally...) after we devoured pancit and those lip-smacking lumpias and it was amusing that not even the just-ended rift between Julius and me stopped me from eating many.

We belted songs even after Julie Anne’s real visitors left. And Jules, Muriel and I competed on singing the oldest songs we could until all the people in their house had gone to sleep. It was already a little before midnight when we left.

When I arrived home, I thought my day has already ended. But when I saw my sister with her puffy eyes, I knew I had to play a part. She was torn between ending up her five-year relationship with his boyfriend and sacrificing her own (and his) happiness for doing what she believes is right. And also, she thinks she’s falling for a co-worker who is attached, too.

I never really approved of John anywhere on those five years. Though I knew he made her happy and she loves him so much, I couldn’t help feeling irate every time she comes to me crying. And since the first time she did come to me with those eyes, it has always been my weakness to see other slightly horizontally-challenged women cry. It makes me want to embrace them to at least ease their sadness if only I could. This could may be attributed to the fact that for almost my whole life, I’ve been with my sister and my mother whom I’ve never really seen on smaller bodies. There was even a time earlier in college when I was still with Santy that I almost fell in love with a chunky girl in our class just because she looks like she’s always crying.

Tonight, I played counselor again and my sister slept crying after hearing the things I’ve said which I hope could help her alleviate her struggle and help her make the right decision.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket