talk is cheap, mail is expensive
Tuesday, June 21, 2005 @ 3:31 PM 0 comments

Ashley, one of my trainers, was right. Labor in the Philippines is inexpensive. So one must not be surprised that call centers have been flocking all over the entire archipelago. Filipinos are the only cheap good English-speakers these institutions can get.

I got my first pay for my first job in my entire life and hell no, it did not convince me that my job is worth keeping. But now that my school has been destroyed so badly by my new set-up, I need all the reasons I could get to tell my parents why I would fail some (if not all) of my subjects again. Which means I could not resign (just like what almost half of my teammates are doing) as of this moment, in as much as I would have wanted to.

It disappointed me all the more when Much told me that our pay slips ought to be confidential, that is why they were given in the same manner the PUK codes for SIM cards are, which means I cannot post it here though I have long ago planned to. Not in this lifetime would I risk getting myself sued.

Mench is fuming mad again, I haven’t been in contact with her since the last time we have seen each other. She came just a minute after I made my last post and after I took her home that night, she never heard of me again. Jules told me she’s been pestering him over the phone about me.

After half and a month, we finally had the time to get Carl’s letter from his sister’s new house in Paranaque. As usual, Marian was the one who met us, at their new federal-looking abode. I came with Jules and Muriel last Saturday and of course, Marian already knew what to do. She has already prepared the videoke before we arrived so Muriel had not any trouble singing the whole day.

Carl enclosed 60 Canadian dollars and some pictures of him and Lovely along with the letter. I felt a little accountable that it took us that long before we have fetched the letter, for all I know, it would have only taken us hours had Carl told us there was money in it.

Now, we have planned to use the money for some sort of a reunion. We haven’t seen together for ages and Carl asked for our pictures, too so the three of us have set a dinner date for all the Silversoul on Saturday and maybe we can take pictures there. Right now, Jules and Muriel are working to tell our far-flung friends that it would be my first pay treat (the rarity of me taking them out for a treat might work to stop anyone who might decline, especially those with emotional baggages, if they learned whom the money is really from). We have agreed to reveal the truth after everyone’s done eating. I, on the other hand, was assigned to look after the money (like I’m not thief-prone), which up to know, we still don’t know what the exact conversion to peso is. I just hope it would be enough to feed us all. Let’s see who gets to wash the dishes. Ha-ha.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket