hurdle of fate
Thursday, July 28, 2005 @ 5:23 PM 0 comments

Menchie and I have finally decided to take our feeble relationship a notch higher last Saturday. I asked her if she was still happy with me, and I was devastingly shocked when she said yes because I don't really think we're getting somewhere (She's happy with that?!). I confessed that I don't feel that same way with her. She says we've been together for three years now but honestly, she's still a stranger to me. (Has anybody realized I almost never talked about her in my own blog?!) I know that I am partly to be blamed but I'm sure I always take the extra mile to know her more seriously, if not as a partner, as a friend at least and she knew she had an inkling I already feel that way but she still don't trust me you see. She says she's scared that I just might take her for granted if she lets me see how much she's really into me so she just chose to be just like that.

After a brief and calm emotional confrontation, and after I told her that I don't even know her middle name (to make her realize how much we're missing) and I was sure she doesn't know mine, too, I've finally convinced her that I'm ready to make something out of this thing we have and we settled for a compromise.

Then as fate would have it, only about 12 hours after, there she was again, -in the flesh and teasing my delicate weakness again.... Shiela. She's back. She arrived with Donna in my place, Sunday afternoon, a few seconds after Muriel informed me they would come and see me. Shiela said she's been calling me since she got back from Japan, but since my phone was stolen and she can't reach me, she looked for Donna's number instead who was at that time, enjoying her exile in Pangasinan, not Davao like I've heard.

Shiela took us all out for a treat that night, including my sister, Annalyn with permission from our parents who looked more excited than I am for her arrival. After wasting time going all the way to the Clamshell (WOW) in Intramuros, (since the place was almost deserted) we just had dinner there before heading back to Makati. We went to the Cable Car (reffered by my sister who, I didn't realize, knows a lot of gimmick places) near the Dusit Hotel and finally found a new hub for the Silversoul. It's got almost everything we need! Tako, Bilyar, Videoke at Songbook, Beer and nice food. The moment I entered that place, I knew that won't be the last.

I wasn't expecting myself to feel good with my barkada and my sister's watchful eye being around. That was the first time I've let her go out with us and it was fun. She jammed along and belted pam-birit songs with the Tres Mujeres (yes, Donna hit that I Love You Goodbye again).

Being there, I felt that I have been out of my senses once again. And I know I was taking Menchie for granted again for Shiela was acting like we're still together and I can't help being her willing slave. I didn't even mind kissing her right in front of my sister. I knew at the back of my subconscious mind, something's telling me that she's playing with me again, but the way she caressed my hand, the way she looked at me and the way she kissed me makes me feel otherwise. We did a few duets and the people there hugely applauded us after "Hanggang Ngayon". Very fittingly huh.

I hate it but I think Shiela still has the power to make me go insane. She was being very sweet but if this is her game again, I think I'm gonna play along and make sure to win, this time. DAAAAMNITTT!! I don't know anymore what I'm talking about. She is a total monster but I'm afraid I just might still love her.

Fast forward. Two days after, we're back at the same place again with Julius, minus my sister and Muriel. I called in sick for work just to be with them (or her) again. We did almost the same thing except for the finale open forum and the dares. At one point, Jules lost a bet and the consequence was she had to kiss Shiela, in my very presence. And watching him slowly leaning his face to hers, I was secretly cursing and telling myself that I'm in for no good with her if she lets him do that in front of me and that he's the monumental traitor if he would do it. And he did, they did... she did. She kissed my bestfriend. And who am I to complain anyway?! Game over.



SCARS OF MY WRECKED SOUL
Journal of Andrew Nava Trapani
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Profile

Friendster Profile

Multiply Profile


EXITS
Ala
Anne
Bianca
Blanca
Coco
Domz
Eda
Edmarie
Jane
Jay
Mapua
Postsecret
Silversoul

MAPUAN BLOGS
Anette
Aki
Diana
Jules
Mapua Bloggers
Mark
Ninni
Rapunzel
Remely
Sean

LOOKING BACK
September 2004
October 2004
November 2004
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007

Design
AMBIVALENTE


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket